Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15th

June 15th

            In today’s reading David is preparing the people and supplies for building the temple. Because of all the blood that was shed David was not allowed to build the temple.  It is interesting how sometimes war and bloodshed may sometimes be necessary, but that is not God’s ideal plan. When God created the world he placed us in a perfect paradise. Harmony and peace were what God wanted for his creation.

When I think about the wars throughout history, how each group of people were fighting for what they believed in. The people of Israel believed in the one true God and to follow other Gods was wrong.  If they did not fight for what they believed where would the Christian Faith be today? Would faith in a, One True God exist today? How do we share God’s ideal of peace and harmony when around us evil exits?  How do you stop something or fight for something without shedding blood when bloodshed is all around you? It has always been a struggle for me. For I believe and know the God that I worship wants peace and harmony with all His creation.  And yet even in Christ’s death blood was shed so that we would know and understand Gods great love for his creation. That he died for our sin and our salvation.  I praise God that Christ is able to live in me and with Christ I have a peace that wars or bloodshed can never take away.

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me.   Galatians 2:20

 

No comments:

Post a Comment