Friday, June 18, 2010

June 18th

June 18th

            As we begin our reading in 2 Chronicles we find Solomon king over Israel.  He gathers the people of Israel where God’s Tabernacle is to consult the Lord. Then he sacrifices a thousand burnt offerings on it. That night God appears to Solomon in a dream and says, “What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!” 

            Solomon’s then asks only for wisdom and knowledge to rule God’s people realizing that God alone is their true King.  God alone is my true King when I go to him seeking his wisdom and knowledge.  If that is all I ask for he will always guide me in his ways.  But when I let the things of this world surround and take me in. Many times things don’t always go the way they should. I find myself sometimes confused, flustered and not at peace.  When I finally go back to my God and King and seek him He is always there. He will always take me to a place of peace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment